PRICED BELOW APPRAISED VALUE! This historic landmark located in the Heart of Downtown Fredericksburg is on the market! The Smithsonia located within the City's Historic District sits on just under a half acre surrounded by a brick wall. The four columned mansion was built in 1834 with five-six bedrooms and six and half bathrooms. Truly one of a kind fusing of old and new. Various width wood floors, tall ceilings, plaster walls, custom trim, original staircase, brick flooring and walls, fireplace mantles, geothermal heating and cooling system, shutters, elevator and several other custom features throughout. Spectacular entry way leads to the grand ball room, formal dining room with fireplace, sitting room with gorgeous custom built-ins and fireplace, and family room with a wet bar and exits leading to exterior. Large kitchen with marble topped counter and island, custom cabinetry and ceramic tile floors, exposed beam ceiling, fireplace, brick walls and walk in pantry. A cooks and entertainers dream with a Viking commercial range, sub zero refrigerator, a wine cooler, dishwasher and microwave. Master suite with separate dressing room, soaking tub, shower, his and her sinks, and custom closet with island. The four additional rooms all are spacious and include a private bath, lower level offers you recreation room perfect for entertaining or family hang outs, a second sitting area and atrium perfect for relaxing and enjoying the outdoor views. A three car garage with full gym above it joins the house with a two story glass atrium. The exterior space is second to none with patios, pergola, gazebo, off street parking, a fountain, full front porch, and brick walkways. The possibilities are endless whether you are looking to own a little piece of history, a home to entertain in or a home simply to raise your family.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Colonial
6 Full/1 Half
Gas Water Heater, Public Water Service
9,320 sq. ft
Yes - 3 spaces
Historic Downtown Fredericksburg
Fredericksburg City Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Sitting Room, Sun Room, Exercise Room, Foyer, Breakfast Room, Attic
- Master Bathroom
- Dining Area, Formal
- Dishwasher, Disposal, Microwave, Double Oven, Self-Cleaning Oven, Gas Range/Cooktop, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Ice Maker, Six Burner Range, Dryer, Humidifier, Appliance Center, Washer, Water Dispenser
- Central Air, Electric, Ceiling Fan(s), Geo-Thermal
- Gas Heat. Geothermal, Forced Air.
- Full, Full Finished, Heated, Entrance Outside, Walkout
- 6. Mantle, Brick, Gas Burning, Insert.
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Built-Ins, Chair Rail, Crown Molding, Elevator, Recessed Lights, Wood Floors, Breakfast Area, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment
Exterior / Lot Features
- 3 Garage Spaces. Brick Driveway.
- Patio, Breezeway
- Lot View
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Street Lights, Landscaped, Back Yard, Side Yard. Landscaping, Rear Yard, Sideyard(S).
Data Provided by Onboard
Active Market Trends
Source: MLS DATA
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Source: MLS DATA
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price
Arrows indicate 90 day trend
Source: mdbmls-p: Bright MLS (Portal)